View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 06:58 AM
Mach93
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by Bond View Post
Still you refuse to acknowledge that the regional feed world was a byproduct of the mainline pilots turning down the flying in the 90's,
So what. That is history and we can't change that so why talk about it.

and you continue to ignore the difference between flying done by legitimate airlines, vs flying taken by alter ego airlines like gojets.
ATA was a legitimate airline. World and North American were brought to be an alter-ego to ATA's Section 6 contract negotiations. In direct violation of ATA's scope clause. So by not sticking up for the ATA pilots are you not being a hypocrite, or is it because that ATA problem doesn't affect you it can be ignored? Besides, its to late now anyway since ALPA national signed away ATA's scope protection.

It doesn't matter what kind of spin you try to put on it, what gojet pilots have done is wrong, and continues to hurt the industry.
Wrong. It is what we allow managment to do that is hurting the industry.

Furthermore, I know two pilots that went from XJT to UA, they're now getting furloughed and will not under any circumstances take a job at gojets. They understand two things, one they will hurt the industry by taking a job at an alter ego, and two, they will make more money working in a different sector (even McDonalds kids make more a year than 1st year f/os anywhere); until they get a call back from the other carriers, or until they get recalled to UA. So the answer to your question remains the same, anyone working at gojets will find a very "heavy" aircraft everytime, regardless of their background.
BTW did you know that in the UAL contract there is a flowback provision for furloughed pilots into the express side(how be it, not a great one.) The question about if UAL pilot is allowed to go to Gojet has been asked, and the union answered that it did not have any problem with a United furloughes going there. Nor is there any edict by ALPA national telling people not to go there. If there is please post it here so that we can see it.

Oh and by the way, it was Tilton that increased the UAex flying, again the pilots at the majors are accountable for this loss, they now have to fight to claim back the ground they lost in the 90's on account of ego.
Again, the problem is with management not the pilots.

Lets talk hypothetically, should I (if I can find a job and be a Captain again) start flying "heavy" aircraft if I see an XJ pilot wanting to jumpseat if your LOA for paycuts pass? It fits your definition about "lowering the bar" doesn't? You know what, I wouldn't do that, nor am I advocating it. Life is to short.