View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 10:23 AM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
Carl, The Delta position last spring was a straight ratio. It was put in writing by our MEC chairman that no pilot on either list would move more then 1/2 of a percent from their current relative position. Your MEC later put out a letter confirming that. The proposal now on the table is a ratio by equipment. Very different and not nearly as good a deal as the spring offer. Your MEC seems to put out a lot of strange things and later change their mind or recant them.
When I posted here that our MEC chairman notified and talked with your chairman many NWA pilots posted that their MEC absolutely denied any contact of any type!!!!!!! Then Stevens is put under Oath and the whole story changes. Even your roadshows put out lots of wrong info on the Delta contract in areas such as medical, flight hour caps and work rules. Slowly that is getting corrected but some has become urban legend at NWA. Just last week at LGA I spoke with a NWA pilot who was concerned about his paycut when we went to a hard 75 hour cap. When I explained to him that we have not had a 75 hour cap in many years and in fact he can easily fly up to the FAR maximums he was astounded and felt deceived since he said it was put out at a MEC meeting. I just got off the phone with a friend at NWA. He summed it up like this. "You Delta guys are going to have to understand that NWA is a culture of hate and distrust." The constant infighting with the red and green book MEC members has hindered this entire merger process at every step. Even today you still have observers watching each other at the hearings. The Delta guys kind of laugh about it now and have lots of names for them. Politicos, observers, watchers, spooks ect...
You are free to characterize the NWA MEC and the DAL MEC however you wish, but you sound naive. There's also that sound of Kool-Aid sloshing around that seems to be a recurring problem. I have a healthy dose of skepticism for all sides until there is proof beyond all doubt, thus I'm not able to say I know very much for certain about this.

And by the way, everything in bold font above is BS.

Carl