View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 12:07 PM
dd89
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2008

If that is the benchmark Mr 727ups, then i cannot measure up and i'm starting to believe you really do have to have that kind of passion to really enjoy the career.

I have to be honest about this, flying is not the only thing i've dreamed of since a little kid. It was only since high school that the infatuation got me. I was so bored of school, and was trying to figure out what i was going to for the rest of my life. Pilots to me at that time represented a profession that was almost impossible to achieve, only the fittest and smartest could become pilots, they're superhumans. After finding out that it was perfectly feasible (albeit with very costly) i was estatic of course. My god, i can actually become an airline pilot (knowing nothing about actual flying). From then on i was obsessed about aviation.

This certainly can't be considered real passion can it? I was in love with the image i had in my head, the glamour of being a pilot. The flying part i knew nothing about, but i just assumed it must be the really cool to be in command of such an impressive machine. Now I realize it was just an infatuation, not real passion.