Old 10-31-2008, 09:39 PM
Purpleanga
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by TonyWilliams View Post
I'm certainly not doing anything just for an airplane/airline. I guess I can always work at the Quickie Mart. Otherwise, yes, I do plan to do this for the short term. I actually kinda like a little adventure, and this is definitely that and more!!! Pay is better than ANY regional in the US.

It ain't all bad. Heck, I want to see Nairobi, Cairo, and Dubai. I might not otherwise get around to it in this lifetime. And like any pilot job, if you seriously don't like it, quit.

If I go to Quickie Mart, and wait years for the US airline business to turn around, what would I tell them then ? Haven't flown in X years, and when I stopped, I was fired. Probably not a big seller.
You're thinking of the worst case scenario, you're not the only one who has gone through a job loss. Things will pick up, especially after the election. It seems like you have already given up on U.S aviation. You don't have to pack your bags, say goodby to your family 1-2 months at a time, and go to a place that harbors terrorism. If your family background is middle eastern that's fine but if you're some joe from Denver, good luck, enjoy the compound.