View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
Carl,

We are equal in terms that we were both fairly well positioned separate companies that could have survived with out the merger. But as far as the rest of it goes (DOH, equipment, etc)......isn't that why we are having these debates?
That is correct. Our only area of inequality is in our respective demographics...thus the catapult into arbitration. There are some other DAL guys however that feel they must try to make a case that NWA is not at all equal to DAL in many ways. The DAL merger team tried to make that case for 3 days. The result: arbitrators calling this a merger of equals.

Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
If we were so equal, a straight ratio would work wouldn't it? Then there would be no need for fences or anything else.
As stated earlier, the unequal demographic is why a straight ratio or straight DOH is unfair without fences. Somehow I think that even if our demographic was equal, there would be guys justifying a new method to advantage themselves. You know - DAL pilots should rank higher on the list because, DAL has thinner FA's, DAL has better looking FA's, DAL has nicer FA's... On second thought, I probably better stop that line of reasoning.

Carl

PS: You haven't responded to my posting of the actual wording of our proposed fence. Did you see how any growth is shared 1 for 1? Or can you not say so for fear of being barred from future ribs n grits events?