Old 11-02-2008, 09:09 AM
The Dude Abides
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: FO

Originally Posted by Purpleanga View Post
Bin Laden was from Yemen......, what more incentive is there for some one from the U.S to actually get a job there? It's just an RJ.

Yemen

Yemen attack kills guard, injures 13 girls - Mideast/N. Africa

The gunman, armed with a Kalashnikov rifle, claimed he wanted to kill Americans.

SAFETY AND SECURITY: The Department of State is concerned that al-Qa‘ida and its affiliates are actively engaged in extremist-related activities in Yemen and the Arabian Peninsula. The Department remains concerned about possible attacks by extremist individuals or groups against U.S. citizens, facilities, businesses and perceived interests.
My girlfriend has been in Yemen for the last 6 months and says she has never once felt threatened. Is it as safe as America? No. But implying that everyone in the Middle East is an extremist who wants to kill Americans is ridiculous. It's like saying everyone in America is a neo-nazi who wants to kill Black people. She has made lots of friends with the locals and they all say they wish more Americans would come to the Middle East and see the majority love America.

If your views are based off your persoanl experiences then I could be wrong, but I'm guessing your basing it off of sensationalized media reports.