View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 01:55 AM
Pilot7576
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: 757 Capt

BBDC8...

Now you know how I'm going to vote? Talk about reading something into nothing! My examples of you in the training center/sick buy back/trading was not a slam at you, it was listing the different ways OTHERS can look at each pilot and say "you're not doing your part for the union." I'm not saying it's right or accurate, it's all perception.

Your comments about p3 voting yes and so must be a mgmt candidate is what drove my response. Perhaps it was tic, but you never indicated that. I am going to vote (yes or no) based on the total package, not out of fear. If the ta fails by a small majority, the new ta will be only subtly better than this one, and there is a chance it will be substantially worse. The two most important items to me are scope and scheduling...everything else is secondary. If you don't have scope, you don't have growth and if you don't have scheduling, you won't last long enough to enjoy whatever retirement we negotiate. Luby says scope is the best bar none; I have to trust that assessment because I'm not a scope guru. When CD comes out with the bid packs, I'll see if the scheduling will work.

Just as an aside, federal ended up settling on a ta that was less than the agreement that their nc refused to send to the membership for a vote. Revisionist history always looks good in arguments, but ask one of your federal friends to show you the copy of the letter that fred sent to the families during the last negotiations....the "with or without you" letter.

Just some food for thought. No matter how the vote turns out, we will have to stand together. Your post to p3 really doesn't support that unity.

JMO

Pilot7576