View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 07:53 AM
newKnow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 765-A

Originally Posted by acl65pilot View Post
FWIW the DC-9's will be here for five to six years today. See what they say after SLI.

I say three years tops.
Originally Posted by BigGuns View Post
I agree with that!!

I really don't underrstand why you guys hate the DC-9 so much. Basically, the man just said that they were holding on to the -9's because they were waiting for a 100 seat replacement so mainline pilots could fly them. This is good news for not only DAL pilots-- old and new-- but also for the mainline/legacy pilots of ALL airlines. Yet, you agree with the airframes being gone in 3 years, as if you are looking forward to it.

I'm not even going to repeat my argument that we as mainline pilots need to be fighting to keep mainline jobs. Mostly, because I don't think it really matters to either one of you that it is best for us as to keep the DC-9's until they get a 100 seat replacement. A rumor that DAL will keep the 9's until they find a replacement is good news for US as a pilot group.

It says a lot about both of you that you would interject YOUR opinions that they would do something that might help you in the SLI process --but overall harm this pilot group-- rather than celebrate a rumor that would be beneficial to us all.

Now that we are officially on the same team, we need to be advocating and celebrating any and all growth and maintinence of flying at mainline Delta Air Lines. This includes little airplanes as well as big ones.

New K Now

Last edited by newKnow; 11-06-2008 at 08:27 AM.