Thread: Looking for some contacts

jfis87 , 11-06-2008 09:40 AM
New Hire
jfis87
New Hire
close
  • Joined APC
    Apr 2008
All four of my uncles served in the AF, my dad is in the Navy and none of them know any ANG/ AF reserve pilots.
Right now I'm a junior through an online program, working full time and have my pilots license. I've read multiple forums trying to educate myself on ways to become a military aviator and have decided ANG or Rerserves is my first choice followed by AD. I still have not taken the AFOQT, but I will be shortly. I am in the process of setting up a meeting with a local units UPT slot manager.
I am seeking out some pilots in the guard/reserves/ad advice, especially if your unit is hiring. I understand this is a long process and I hope to not miss a year of applying because my packet is not together. Anyone who has aquired a UPT slot in the same manner I aspire to, please inform me of any bumps in the road I should be aware of.
I've read through most the documents on wantscheck.com and baseops.net. I have considered enlisting however I have a training contract that extends through december 2009. Because of this I've considered the benefits and the potential for deployment with an enlisted position. My goal is to be a military officer preferably in a flying position. I know it is possible to transition from an enlisted position to an officer but I want to complete college before either. I will complete my bachelors degree spring 2010 and would like to attend AMS shortly thereafter.

Thank you,
Justin