View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Scoop
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DAL 330

Originally Posted by newKnow View Post
I really don't underrstand why you guys hate the DC-9 so much. Basically, the man just said that they were holding on to the -9's because they were waiting for a 100 seat replacement so mainline pilots could fly them. This is good news for not only DAL pilots-- old and new-- but also for the mainline/legacy pilots of ALL airlines. Yet, you agree with the airframes being gone in 3 years, as if you are looking forward to it.

New K Now
Bring on the '9s, the MD-90's, the as yet unnamed 100 seat jet and any other aircraft that brings more mainline jobs to the company. The more the merrier, and the longer they stick around the better. I think what you are seeing is not a dislike of the DC-9's but a distrust in our fearless and well compensated leaders.
If DCI is going to be responsible for actually making money (what a radical concept) they may shrink quite a bit - which may actually mean a 100 seat replacement jet at mainline! Oh no, I cant let these optimistic thoughts affect my normal level headed, management distrusting judgement. I'll believe in the 100 seat jet at mainline when I see it parked at the gate. Whew - I feel a lot better now.

Scoop