Old 07-26-2006, 03:54 PM
schone
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Default Am I the only one disgusted by the scabs list?

I was sitting here reading a few threads where conversations floats to the good old topic of scabs list and I have to wonder.

Why is it that I am the only one grossed out by it?

Here we are, telling younger people what they're choice of airlines should be based on somekind of a 'black list' (ya ya TSA wisea****), treating fellow pilots as if they were war criminals. As if there decisions had the effect of war autrocities against the rest of us?

Guys, seriously, how can you judge someone, working through life, without being in their exact position? Yes, I know everybody will say that we were all at that position, but for real, we haven't. Nobody has been in someone else's exact point in life to tell if that guy/girl did the right choice or not, and even if we did - different people different opinions.

Are you telling me that while blaming management you are willing to blame somebody who marely made a choice of either sitting at home waiting for the $24 dollars/hr job that never came, of finally taking the $16 dollars/hr job so his wife and baby could eat that night? Are you that unhumane?

Just remember that sometime ago.... maybe a little longer for some, maybe in the recent past for others, we haven't flown shiny airplanes with nice salaries. And if somebody is going to laugh about the salaries comment then let me rephrase and say, that it wasn't too long ago, that all of us weren't AIRLINES PRIMADONNAS. And for heaven's sake, please stop that 'if I suffered and waited, they can wait too' attitude. That's exactly what makes management stronger and us weak. That's why while we struggle to maintain our $21 dollars/hr WAGE, they maintain thier $800,000 /yr SALARY.

Please, feel free to comment as I know everybody will. Please explain to me where it is that I am so wrong at accepting people for face value.