View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 03:04 PM
DelDah Capt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

To the NWA brothers.....

I guess what you have to understand is that most of the stuff in that meeting from Bastian is stuff we've been hearing for several years.

....We've been two weeks away from inking a deal on MD 90s for a couple years now....hasn't happenned yet.

.....We've been told that any 100 seat plane will be flown by Delta pilots....unfortunately, they just can't find a 100 seat plane they like and have been looking for a couple of years.

....We've been told how much they hate 50 seat RJs....but there are still an awful lot of 50 seat RJs flying around in Delta colors.

With that in mind, when he says the DC9 will be here for 5-6 years, I'd take it with a grain of salt. Like all good managers, Bastian knows his audience and will speak accordingly. I listen to all the various pronouncements from Flight Ops and Executives because any information is useful, but I realize that it's all subject to change and I wouldn't bank on any of it.

...last month they got a big new contract which 'saved' the DCA shuttle, this month they turned the DCA shuttle into mostly RJs.....we've been hearing announcements of an imminent Adv. Entitlement for 3 months....there's going to be a BOS base....etc, etc.

Putting too much stock in anything you hear from someone in a suit can lead to major disappointment. However, if you want some real entertainment, read the transcripts of Bastian's testimony about Delta pilots in our bankruptcy 1113 hearings