View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 08:12 PM
CaptainCarl
I'm a man of my word.

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Devil's Advocate

Originally Posted by RiddleEagle18 View Post
Beyond wrong true. But if there anything in TSA's scope to prevent it? What recourse will TSA ALPA have?
I just read and re-read our scope clause and here's what my interpretation of it is: Because GoJet exists already, we are screwed. It would appear that they can give GoJet whatever they want and not have to give a dang about us at Trans States. We would have to convince a judge that GoJet is an illegal entity to begin with and the company blatantly violated our legal binding contract simply by creating GoJet, even if they did do it through an umbrella company (TSH). I don't understand how any judge would not rule in our favor, unless of course he was being "persuaded" not to.

Here's our scope, you can interpret it for yourself:

"Section 1.B. Scope
1. All flying in and for the scheduled revenue passenger service of the Company and any wet lease or charter flying presently performed or to be performed in the future by the Company, shall be performed by active Pilots on the Trans States Airlines Pilots' Seniority List and shall be flown in accordance with all of the provisions of the Employment agreement and applicable amendments thereto between the Company and the Pilots as represented by the Air Line Pilots Association, International (AFL-CIO).

2.Notwithstanding paragraph B.1. above, the Company may assign or contract out flying for periods not in excess of ninety (90) days if such conduct is necessary to accomplish the needs of the service of the Company, and the Company does not have sufficient aircraft or pilots available to perform the flying assigned or contracted out and no company pilot is furloughed as a result of such contracting out of such flying."

Last edited by CaptainCarl; 11-06-2008 at 08:17 PM.