Old 07-26-2006, 07:33 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by schone
According to your definition, that makes you my friend a scab too at one point or another in your life. Though true, for you to get your FO position (which later maybe turned to CA) somebody probably haven't got layed off, but just voluntarily quit for a better job. But you used the alter-ego mechanisem to advance yourself in seeking for a better pay (hopefully), better airplane, maybe even better QOL so you could be in an A-I-R-L-I-N-E and achieve YOUR alter-ego will - and all that for the price of whatever the airline that picked you offered you.

So basically, what are you trying to tell me you are better than others because you didn't apply for certain 'banned airlines'? or because you were so noble that you didn't take any airline's offer unless they offered exactly what the industry standard going rate was...?

One word.... pleassssseeeee. Nobody's more sacred than the pope. Not even he himself. While you are absolutly right I haven't logged a single 121 hour in my life - maybe that puts me in a better prespective to notice how you guys invented your own little wars to the point where you can actually persuade yourselves that there are better and worse people among you guys. Lots not forget, some of the greatest world's wars were faught that way..... propoganda.

If only the propoganda was directed the right way and not towards popular/unpopular scouts groups.... who wears aber-crombie and who doesn't.

HATETOBREAKIT2U:

I agree with you, especially about military disipline. But those days are gone and we now face a new reality and that's just it. I've seen military disipline in my life and have endured it - it's a different breed.
Your babbling doesn't make any sense. So your LACK of experience in this industry gives you a clearer perspective??? What a load of BS...

And do not ever make statements regarding my actions unless you know facts personally. I have never worked for an alter-ego, and I did have an opportunity to sign up with freedom back in the day, and of course I did not. I knew other opportunities would be along shortly. I also know personally several pilots who did the Mesa PFT program who were offered freedom instead of Mesa, and declined it despite having NO other employment prospects in the industry. They eventually were hired at mesa after mesa alpa got rid of freedom.

I have worked for a below-average airline...it was a tradeoff on geography (commuting distance) vs. pay.

Actually I think are flamebait. Your statements are just far too ridiculous to be coming from an actual professional pilot.

Last edited by rickair7777; 07-26-2006 at 07:35 PM.