Old 07-26-2006, 07:52 PM
flynavyj
Gets EVERY weekend off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: SIC

a lot of my buddies are currently getting hired onto regional airlines, none so-far have gone to Go-Jet although there are several individuals from my university that i know are there....those people at go-jet say that it's not a bad company or way of life, the rest of us however, are very skeptical, which is why the majority of us who will soon be on the list of people leaving the school (as hours build and permit) have been looking "over" go-jet to other companies. Several buddies work for GoJet's big brother, but are currently on forlough, three of my co-workers had been hired by TSA but were later not given class dates, all three soon had jobs w/ other airlines and 135 operations.

I personally can see both points, people tend to only want to take so much of any place or company, but still, people normally don't want to move on unless they have something to move on to that's better than where they're at. For the instructor pilot, regional airlines tend to be a nice step up from a cherokee or skyhawk and it's a welcomed change, so, who you fly for is a little less important to people, especially depending on how "desperate" you are. Same time, if you rough it out longer, you'll have better job prospects soon enough.

The most common argument heard in my community is...five years from now, will people be upset that i took that stupid "outta college" job just so i could get some work, and it was a "starter" job in the first place, and still get hired onto a major, or, will the guy in the interview process be a former TSA man who takes one look and nearly rips my head off....only time will tell.