Old 07-26-2006, 08:41 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by schone
When I (me or anybody else taking a job with GoJet/Freedom etc), apply, interview and later on accept an offer of what you consider a 'scab airline' - It does not necessarily mean that I delibratly wanted to hurt you, it might very well mean that I had no other options and continuing to live $12/hr HOBBS TIME versus a maybe very low but still guaranteed 65-70 hours a month of $18/hr - maybe at my point at life that made a big difference. Who are you (or anyother scab regime member) to be my judge for the rest of *MY* career and tell me that I have done the wrong thing?
Most pilots don't want to work for an alter-ego or cross a picket line because it is obviously WRONG, and because they would not want someone to do it to them ten years later. The small percent who have have no inherent ethics need other incentives to do the right thing...

OK, looking at it from a strictly business perspective, you need a job and are willing to to do anything to get it. Well, I have a job and a family to feed and I don't want to lose it simply because YOU want my job.

Since most alter-ego scabs are really in it for the upgrade, I'll fight back by hitting you where it hurts...you will be on a list that will outlive you, and being on that list may very well cost you your airline future. Hopefully the fear of losing your major airline opportunity will keep you in line, even if your internal moral compass is broke-d*ck.

I WILL be your judge in the future. I, or one of many folks like me, will certainly deny you a jumpseat ride (maybe on your way to something important), and with a little luck one of us will be involved in hiring at a major airline someday. Also, I bet you didn't know that some major airlines post the names of ALL prospective new hires for ALL of their rank-and-file pilots to review. If ANY one pilot doesn't like a name, he simply puts in a word to the chief pilot...

BTW, the ALPA master scab list goes back to the early 1930's...

Sweet Dreams!

Last edited by rickair7777; 07-26-2006 at 08:43 PM.