View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 12:32 PM
wrxsteve
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: Student Pilot

Originally Posted by AviatorAl04 View Post
This is coming from someone who had to jump through all the loops with this problem - Me. I had been taking perscription medication and I put it on my medical application and then... boom! No medical for a year (At the time I was a student pilot and it was in 2004). This is what the FAA said to me: "After evaluating your recently submitted medical, we have decided to deny your application request. Please submit a detailed report from your flight instructor or other qualified evaluator next year on XXXX date in the form of a progress report. Also, you need to be off of any perscription drugs for ADHD indefinatley."

There's my story with that, I now have had a First class since it was approved a year later and have had no problems. I found that in recent studies, the prescriptions have an interesting effect, with ADHD, the prescriptions contain large amounts of Stimulant! so my alternative, Precription Medicines = Coffee... that probably would have been perfect in the first place!

Medical Treatment of ADHD
there is one drug that treats adhd called strattera, which is a non-stimulant drug that works wonders, but is also banned... for no reason.... the whole situation is stupid and will never be fixed