View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 06:55 AM
IFlyFL410
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: midsize

Originally Posted by FLYBOYMATTHEW
Keep in mind that you can't upgrade or hold an ATP until you are 23 anyway. Going to an airline where you could potentially upgrade in a year or 2 really won't do you any good.

If I were you, I would not get married until you get a job. I have friends who have turned down class dates and bypassed on seniority because of their significant others. Seniority is everything...period. Your fiancee should understand how important your career is to you, and if she doesn't now, she won't later in life when you're gone for a week at a time either.

DO NOT go to RAA or participate in any other pay-for-training program. Continue to flight instruct until you have the time, and come in through the front door like everyone else. You are young enough, do it the old fashioned way. Pay-for-training is killing the industry. You should get paid to fly, not pay someone else so you can fly a jet. The company you decide to work for should provide any training you need to perform your job over and above the basic hour requirements you may need to get the job (of course, I feel that way about buying a 737 type as well). That's my 2 cents...take it for what it's worth.
Yeah, nice catch on the age limit. I was thinking that very thing as I was reading his origional post. He should go somehwere decent, do his 2-3 years since he's only 20 or whatever, then upgrade. I can't imagine sitting right seat for a 21-22 year old kid.....for many reasons. Also, we have another classic case of someone not caring about how low he is paid. We all know what that has lead to.

Last edited by IFlyFL410; 10-12-2005 at 06:59 AM.