Thread: Mesa TA
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 09:54 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Thumbs down Mesa TA

This is for the less-experienced MAG folks out there. I'm a Lama and I finally went over to the Hub to read up on all the details of this TA...

My actual reaction to this TA would not get past the profanity filters...suffice it to say that I cannot believe that the MEC is actually sending this to the pilots...it is worse that the freedom A concessionary contract!

It corrects almost none of the long-standing gaping holes in the MAG contract. Block-or-better might be nice, but the folks most impacted by that are UAX...did you guys get the word that UAL is requiring deicing at the gate, BEFORE you block out? They are enforcing this with monitors. So you shut the door, then sit at the gate for 2-3 hours waiting for the iceman...and it does not count as block. No surprise OJ gave that one up.

Almost no raises, and they are limited to a few folks and only go into effect 2 years down the road IF the company keeps PBS.

Speaking of PBS...that's the real gem in this package. Doesn't look like you guys have any control over the paramters or staffing...standby to be raped! OJ will be able to easily take back ALL of the gains, and then some!

But it get's better... manadatory computer check-in TWO HOURS PRIOR!?!?! Again, the appropriate words won't get past the filter. This is an automated junior-man system, combined with two hours of ready reserve prior to each trip! You guys cannot possibly be that stupid...every trip will get a turn or two (or an overnight) tacked onto the end!

Feedom seat lock? Translation: Out of seniority furlough when DAL wins the lawsuit! I forsee a 100% no vote from the freedom folks...nice divide-and-conquer tactic here! Classic OJ.

As scary as MAG's current situation is for the employees, OJ simply cannot afford a strike right now...don't let him off this easy. A 90% NO vote should send the right message.

I could go on and on. If you haven't already checked out mesahub.com please do so...lot's of experienced folks there who have been around this block before.

Good Luck.