Thread: Mesa TA
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Airfix
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

I agree that we need to vote this contract down. The contractual language is like swiss cheese and I won't vote for anything until the holes are filled. We have experienced they way management exploit loopholes and that's what made everyone so ****ed off.

I would bet the ALPA surveys that were done a year or so ago would have most pilots looking for quality of life improvements. ALPA claims that the way pairings are constructed, PBS and our post award trading system will improve our QOL. I say without contractual language controlling the necessary parameters our QOL will be worse off under this new contract.

I hope my peers can see through the ALPA propaganda and not just vote for block or better, but vote for the long term QOL improvement we need.

Some are frightened if we don't sign this contract that Mesa will go bankrupt and they will be out of a job. I've since changed my view and now realized that if Mesa is on a path to bankruptcy then this contract won't make one bit of difference to the outcome.

We need a contract that pays the pilots what we are worth, not some 2 steps forward 3 steps back settlement. A decent contract may reduce attrition when the majors start hiring and will entice new hires here instead of somewhere else. This will provide stability and help our completion factors, reduce junior assignments and hopefully be one of the bricks in the wall to rebuild the company.

I'm standing firm on a NO vote.

BTW I'm still waiting on a login for the hub. What's the deal. I've never had to wait a week to register for a forum before.