View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 01:38 PM
erj145aviator
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by erj145aviator
It’s a legit question… I’m trying to stay ahead to properly plan my career preparation. I don’t want to instruct because that job is being more of a teacher than pilot. I want to fly the larger, faster, more exciting aircraft…not a 172. (It's not always about money)If I do end up becoming a flight instructor I don’t know if I want to stay with ATP all the way to the end(CFI Academy), or get as much money back and get it somewhere else. Mainly because I hear many places look down on atp CFI’s because of how quickly they got it done. I would like to fly the Embraer 145, so that’s what I chose as my username. I’m simply asking a very specific question; if you don’t have any useful information, don’t reply. It’s quite obvious that many people don’t like Gulfstream Academy, but if you don’t like it…why? How would that effect hiring chances with the airlines...

Thanks.
What about legit airlines, and paying to fly for them. Legit came into the equation after you implied this question to be just another one of those kind of questions. AND Technically you don’t pay to fly for them, because you get 2,000 dollars back which is labeled as flight pay. Please what? I honestly just want to know from people who have gone, what it's like, and how things went when they applied to other airlines. I DO appreciate the very little advice I have gotten, which might not be directly related to the initial question, but it still helps. So much for getting advice off these forums.

Last edited by erj145aviator; 07-28-2006 at 01:42 PM.