View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 04:33 PM
tsquare
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by Eric Stratton View Post
What is it about the media that makes it liberal? I here this all the time and when I ask to get an explanation or who is the liberal media it's a vague "you know who they are" kind of answer.

Larry King asked the congress woman from minnesota (the one on hard ball) and she couldn't or wouldn't answer it.

Fox and MSNBC balance each other out. Talk radio is primarily Right with the occasional Air America if that is even still around.

Just wondering what your take is on "liberal media". This is not ment to be inflamatory.

Eric
Eric,
I am a recovering republican because of the way the party has been hijacked by spend and taxers. So for the most part, The democrats and republicans are one in the same party with a few hard right (anti-abortion) and hard left (gay rights) issues (among others). These issues have tended to polarize the parties on general election days because most of the people like me (middle of the roaders) don't vote in the primaries, or if they do, it's merely a toss of a dart. That being said, the way that katie couric, tom brokaw, charlie gibson treated Sarah Palin was appaling. She gets trashed because she wears around expensive clothing bought by the RNC. BO gets a pass (by those same "reporters" for his questionable associations with Wright, Ayres and others as just a normal part of Chicago politics. If that doesn't define a liberal media, I don't know what does. I didn't vote for BO for these very reasons. (his associations). That being said, he will be our president, and I want him to succeeed, but I am fearful of his tactics. I will enjoy paying this years' tax bill, because I have no doubt it will be the smallest I will see for quite some time. And as far as balance, Fox is the only balance to the liberal media. Talk radio is entertainment, and entertainment only. Al Franken failed mmiserably in his Air America project, and I guess the only way he can get his message across is to shut down talk radio with the equal time act. Can you say Facist?

Chinese? curse: May you live in interesting times.... we soon will