View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 09:15 AM
utedrummer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Furloughed Righ Seater

Originally Posted by Rhino Driver View Post
That's exactly what I'm saying UTE. By the way, you shouldn't be flying for an airline after 4 years of flight instructing. What do you think you should be making? You're entire argument is completely WRONG! I surely hope you don't think the idea of "spreading the wealth around" is a good deal as well.
Are you implying that I wasnt qualified or experienced? I had well over my 1000/100 that 90% of the regionals dont required anymore AND I did (forgot to meantion this) spend 6 hard Utah winter months as freight dawg in a 99/1900(which, btw paid me more than any of my "airline jobs" thus far)
Yes, all the moeny should belong to you, right? Because you earned it and no one else has. Back to the point, all you Big Shot "Greater than thou" mainliners, x-military, ego driven 20 yr CA's have everything to lose by helping out, you cant look past you own wallet or pride and you fear that if you do you will be less somehow so nothing can happen.

I feel for the young regional FO's out there, and the pay probably could be better for them. But, you are paying your dues, just as a doctor does through residency after medical school. He makes nothing too.
Not for 7 years

And you're wrong. Better pay at the bottom is a big part of the problem with not as much pay at the top. No incentive to leave once you make that BIG 60K CA job. Just as bigger airplanes going to the regionals is as much, if not worse of a problem.
I have my eye on well more than $60K but its not always about the money. I live in an area where only one regional and one mainline have a base anywhere close. I would spend the REST OF MY CAREER at the regional to live at home if I couldnt get on with the mainline here. I dont want SW with their big paychecks and good routes, I want to be home with my spouse, my children, my siblings, my partents and my lifelong friends. It has nothing to do with being happy at $60K. It has everything to do with being happy with different priorites. Most career regionals pilots have made that choice and you are getting mad at them because they arnt starving for doing it?? Whats wrong with you?

Last edited by utedrummer; 11-16-2008 at 07:36 PM.