View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 02:41 PM
proskuneho
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: Enjoying the view

Originally Posted by AirbusA320 View Post
I'm new here but I have detected a pattern where one must be a cheerleader to be liked. I have posted for years on a professional pilots European board and I have never been taken to the wood shed.

I must be older than you guys. I have flown with the old school airline capts and got along with them, respected them and learned from them. I guess the world has changed.

I have an interest in the business side of aviation. Case in point, Marquis jet has a full page ad in today's Wall Street Journal. Check it out.
Nobody is putting you down. You can't assume that people are "younger" than you just because they strongly disagree with you. People are free here to think for themselves, so expect a wide variety of opinions. I've gotten torn up by other people's opinions too. I didn't like some of their opinions, but I recognize that they might have rational reasons for what they say. Every post is an opportunity for feedback and debate. I just commit to stay teachable.
Some people do tend to get a little rough in some posts, but you can't assume that they are young or immature. That's condescending. Perhaps you just don't agree with them, or maybe some are just not very diplomatic. People are often much less diplomatic in an anonymous forum than when you have to share a cockpit with them.