View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 07:25 AM
bluechunks
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: right here

Originally Posted by marcal
I'm officially in the market to try to move onto greener pastures and have had my stuff in for a while.
Before you go too far down the 'grass is greener on the other side of the fence' you need to carefully consider what your career might look like at JetBlue vs. other carriers.

JetBlue is a great place to work--for those of us that are already here. But also consider this: even if we can grow our fleet to 200 A320's and 200 E190's, all of our future 320 Captains are already on the property. (BTW, we have just over 100 aircraft total now so growing to 400 remains a big if.) Now take a close look at the payrates on the 190 and compare 190 CAPTAIN pay to F/O pay at SWA, FedEx, or UPS and you will see why we are experincing attrition of our junior pilots.

Please don't let this stop you from considering JetBlue, but you also need to make a rational decision based upon the industry landscape.

P.S. I have flown with several new-hires recently that did not have a single internal reference. The one thing they all had in common: visiting the JB booth at various pilot career fairs.

Last edited by bluechunks; 07-31-2006 at 07:30 AM.