View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 11:57 PM
pilotwithnoplane

Default What is with the hiring process?

I am having a problem. I understand that many of the regional airlines have pretty low minimums (600/100, 750/200, etc...). What I don't understand is just what are some of the things recruiters look for when choosing applicants. I have had only one interview since applying for first officer positions at various regionals. So far, I have only heard back from two other airlines: Expressjet and Eagle. Expressjet has denied me an interview for the second time, and I was just rejected by Eagle. I understand that I did not meet Eagle's competitive criteria, that's just the nature of my flight time. I don't understand why Express will not even grant me an interview even though I meet and exceed their minimum requirements. I have call the airline and I have never received an answer that makes sense.

My flight time: 1017 hrs TT; 360 hrs ME; 340 hrs Turbine; 340 hrs SIC Part - 121 commuter.

Are these numbers truly competitive for a regional FO position?

I have applied a few other airlines, including Mesa, Air Wisconsin, ASA, to name a few - but no replies so far. Is there usually a time from when recruiters receive applications to when they respond?

I have several associates now in the airlines, who entered with much lower time than what I have.

It has been over 2 months since my last flight, and I am pulling out what hair I have left on my head. If anybody out there has any suggestions, please drop a line; I would appreciate it. Right now, I am just an FO without a job.

Last edited by HSLD; 10-14-2005 at 12:50 AM. Reason: long title - shortened