View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 01:41 AM
RCAC
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Default Foreclosure/Credit history

Hi Lori,

How would a foreclosure affect your application chances at a major airline or fractional?

I have hit a patch of bad luck in my life, and it looks like I'll be losing not only my home, but also an investment property.

I know airlines are extremely detail-oriented in their background checks, and investigate everything, from the obvious, like FAA records and employment history, to driving records to credit history.

If I ever get an interview in the future, this will come up and I will have to properly explain it. Even if its not mentioned in the interview, I know in the background research part, it will be discovered, so I'll have to find a way to talk about it in an appropriate way in the interview.

How would having a foreclosure affect my chances? Is it possible to properly explain a foreclosure the way other applicants will explain drunk driving, failed checkrides, etc, or it is considered a mistake on such a level that would it make me an automatic no? Hypothetically speaking, if another candidate and I were equal in our interviews, could that be the determining factor?

Please, give me your honest, no-holds-barred opinion.

Thanks for all the insights you can provide

RCAC