View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 08:55 PM
newKnow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 765-A

Originally Posted by Bigflya View Post
King,

I look around every time I go to work. Don't you think we at DAL have families and lives, commitments, and problems? There were many reasons DAL pilots chose DAL over another carrier. Many of us had a choice and I chose not to apply to NWA. Not because your airline was not a good carrier, but the because the age of your fleet, the announced airframe retirements, the 787 delays, and no announced replacement for the 9's. The move would have been too risky when there were other options. Seems ironic now. I'm now off my soapbox.
Big,

I chose not to apply at Delta, so what's your point? Your whole post sounds elitist and condescending and it's getting old. We are on the same team now and no one really cares why you decided not to apply at NWA.

15 years from now you may be a Delta pilot and I might be also. Or, we could be pilots for US Airways, Continental, United, or American or any ohter airline out there. If you were applying to the airlines 10 years ago you would have begged to get on at United; 20 years ago? US Air. 30 years ago? TWA. 40 years ago? Pan Am. So you can keep your choice, because you really didn't choose anything. You and I work for Delta now and all we can do is hope they survive for the duration of our careers.

The bottom line is that you don't really know or control any of this, so as one of my NWA buds on our message board often says, "just shut up and row."

You can stay on your soapbox, just get off your high horse, because those legs are weaker than you think.

New K Now