View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Kingbird87
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: A330B

Big, you made a good choice, you now work at the same airline as me. I got hired in 87' by Western, American, Piedmont, and NWA. I got called by Delta after the Western merger canceled my class date. NWA was the strongest airline financially and bought all their airplanes with a box of cash when they flew out to Renton to pick them up. Whats your point? Are you clairvoyant? You are in year one. I'm in year 22. It's up to you and me where this Delta thing goes, and I'm going to do the best I can and be damn glad to work for my employer. If you think you are some kind of superior individual, steer clear of my cockpit, and get your attitude straight before you screw up my airline. I was in the ANG with pilots from a dozen airlines, and when we went to work, we were USAF military pilots and officers. You are in a great place to work, with the world's premier airline. We made it so. Climb on board. You aren't going to always be a new hire, and you should have the best opportunity in this business. You may get furloughed too. And have a strike, and a LBO, and another bankruptcy, and a merger and experience paycuts, loss of benefits and illness. get used to it, it's called life! When I'm farmed out living the old fart life, you'll be in the seat I kept for you, count your blessings.