Gets Weekends Off
dojetdriver
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Feb 2006
  • Position
    DD->DH->RU/XE soon to be EV
Quote: No kool aid, just telling you the truth. That is that there is always disagreements. If there was never a disagreement between the union and management, then that would be drinking kool aid.
You call them disagreements, I call them contract violations. Poh-tay-toh pah-ta-toh I guess

Quote: And again, I'm not talking about being tested. I'm talking about how you can have a professional relationship between management and union regardless of how difficult the circumstances may be.

And as far as not being the best anymore, let me make it more clear, I'm talking about the relationship a union can have with management regardless of whether we are the best or not. Just ask the contract enforcement chair how many grievances are filed at XJT compared to Mesa, TSA, Eagle, or Comair. Their managements' have chosen the path of fighting, scratching and dragging rather than to work with ALPA in resolving the issues quickly when they can.
Let me make it more clear. We're not sure yet if our company is starting to go down the road of those other carriers yet, are we? Recent events dictate so.

Quote: As for the Branded/DelCon grievance on CCS, I know you wont believe it but the fix was in, sort of speak. It was resolved but unfortunately the implementation didn't happen before it was all shut down. And the reason why ALPA didn't make a big stink about it is because ALPA understood the reasoning behind the delay and the constraints the company was in at the time to make it happen.
Is that when we were going to get in March? Oh wait, maybe September? It SHOULDN'T have EVEN been an issue. There shouldn't have been anything to UNDERSTAND. The company violated the contract for a loooong time.

Quote: Its not like they had the ability but just didn't give it to us.
They should have just gone with another system. Ask you friends that use flica, at least the ones at good companies. It can do EVERYTHING CCS can do. Christ, even MESA had online trip trading.

Quote: This is exactly what I mean by having disagreements but being professional about it and working within the system that is set up to resolve them.
I see what you're saying. Just ignore the problem long enough and it eventually goes away. OR, just ignore it long enough and a bigger fish to fry will come along eventually

Quote: The remedy was going to be implemented and the only thing left was making the pilots whole, which the company was not trying to get out of by the way.

Here is my point of this thread, Our desire to seek formal recognition underscores our need to have a relationship based not only on the benevolence of a leadership team that could transition at any time, but on a relationship where there exists a means to resolve our private discourses under the support of legal process.”
Lets hope the JB guys are able to organize and get a solid, legally biding document in place to ensure protection for them in the future.