View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 12:15 PM
Scoop
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DAL 330

Originally Posted by johnso29 View Post
Here's the problem with your argument. We still have DC9s(60+). They're still flying. There's NO OFFICIAL plan to park them in your phantom 5 year time period. Therefore, it's unjustified to put the so called "responsibility of the furlough jet" on NWA pilots. They're STILL FLYING. WE'VE FURLOUGHED NO ONE!!!!! Show me the press release that says they're all being parked. That's right, there isn't one.
Thats not a problem - if the planes keep flying (think positive) then there is not negative attrition to accomodate. If they do retire - NW guys move down the "dynamic" list just as they would move up with pilot retirements. I don't agree with the term "furlough jet," I would be glad to fly a DC-9 but I would also like to see a fair list. If you guys want dynamic with the good, lets do dynamic with the bad - on both sides.
Anyway - Happy Thanksgiving all - I have a nice feast of Biscoff cookies and peanuts awaiting me.

Scoop

PS - I don't really understand this whole "elitism" argument either - I applied at every single airline that was hiring, and some that were not, was accepted by two and took the first company that started me - DAL.