View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Nevets
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: EMB 145 CPT

Originally Posted by dojetdriver View Post
You call them disagreements, I call them contract violations. Poh-tay-toh pah-ta-toh I guess
Yes, that is part of what I meant when I say disagreements.

Let me make it more clear. We're not sure yet if our company is starting to go down the road of those other carriers yet, are we? Recent events dictate so.
I know what you are saying. What I'm saying is despite what road our company is taking, we are not being walked on. Recent events do not point to greivances pilling up and not being adjudicated like other airlines I mentioned. Nobody can tell the future so obviously I can't speak to what may or may not happen.

Is that when we were going to get in March? Oh wait, maybe September? It SHOULDN'T have EVEN been an issue. There shouldn't have been anything to UNDERSTAND. The company violated the contract for a loooong time.

They should have just gone with another system. Ask you friends that use flica, at least the ones at good companies. It can do EVERYTHING CCS can do. Christ, even MESA had online trip trading.
This is what I mean about being professional about it. Sure, ALPA could have made a big fuss about it and even done informational picketing. Sometimes you have to choose your battles. There were legitimate reasons why they couldn't get CCS or anything else up and running. That doesn't mean they can get away with it and that is why the greivance was filed. It just means that the company has to come up with a remedy and then make the pilots whole. ALPA never backed away from either of those two conditions. You don't always go 'nucular' and that is what the point of this thread.

I see what you're saying. Just ignore the problem long enough and it eventually goes away. OR, just ignore it long enough and a bigger fish to fry will come along eventually
Who said anything about ignorign anything. As a matter of fact, I even said that I'm confident that those two greivances will be dealt with and the pilots made whole.

Lets hope the JB guys are able to organize and get a solid, legally biding document in place to ensure protection for them in the future.
Well, that is the whole point. And again, the point of this thread is that unions and management can work together without going 'nucular' when the first major disagreement/contract violation comes up. Its just a matter of having a process where grievances can be resolved privately.

Look, I get it. You are ****ed because you have taken paycuts, downgrades, base closures, bankruptcies, furloughs, etc. I don't know what else to tell you other than have a happy thanksgiving. PM me if you want to talk in more detail. Take care.

Last edited by Nevets; 11-27-2008 at 01:30 PM.