Gets Weekends Off
dojetdriver
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Feb 2006
  • Position
    DD->DH->RU/XE soon to be EV
Quote: Yes, that is part of what I meant when I say disagreements.
Sorry, but I can't come anywhere near understanding your case here. I don't consider knowingly violating the contract just a "disagreement".

Quote: I know what you are saying. What I'm saying is despite what road our company is taking, we are not being walked on. Recent events do not point to greivances pilling up and not being adjudicated like other airlines I mentioned. Nobody can tell the future so obviously I can't speak to what may or may not happen.
It's all relative. But when dealing with airline management, you can hope for the best but you better plan for the worst. Although I admire your optimism, I think you are underestimating what can happen. Maybe you've been through it before, but I'm guessing not.

Quote: This is what I mean about being professional about it. Sure, ALPA could have made a big fuss about it and even done informational picketing. Sometimes you have to choose your battles. There were legitimate reasons why they couldn't get CCS or anything else up and running. That doesn't mean they can get away with it and that is why the greivance was filed. It just means that the company has to come up with a remedy and then make the pilots whole. ALPA never backed away from either of those two conditions. You don't always go 'nucular' and that is what the point of this thread.

Who said anything about ignorign anything. As a matter of fact, I even said that I'm confident that those two greivances will be dealt with and the pilots made whole.
I didn't say the MEC was ignoring anything, the company was. As far as the last two grievances go, lets hope the affected guys get resolution soon. As far as the no CCS goes, what can we expect from that? Seriously, what is the company going to do when they lose that one? If there is some kind of payback, are many of the furloughed pilots going to be entitled to that?

Quote: Well, that is the whole point. And again, the point of this thread is that unions and management can work together without going 'nucular' when the first major disagreement/contract violation comes up. Its just a matter of having a process where grievances can be resolved privately.

Look, I get it. You are ****ed because you have taken paycuts, downgrades, base closures, bankruptcies, furloughs, etc. I don't know what else to tell you other than have a happy thanksgiving. PM me if you want to talk in more detail. Take care.
I don't think there's really anything you can tell me that any other rep I've already talked to can.