Old 11-29-2008, 12:32 AM
TonyMontana
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: S2c Backseat

Originally Posted by RXS676 View Post
I'm just a little confused about the timing here. If you started med school applications immediately after 9/11, you couldn't have started med school before 2002. Wouldn't that only make you a third-year resident at this point? Your various posts make it sound like you already had an established practice of your own; you've mentioned your "payor base" as early as March.

Medical school requires one year each of chemistry, organic chemistry, biology and physics. Some of those can be taken concurrently but chem and o-chem have to be taken sequentially. I don't even see how you could have started med school by 2002 if all you had on 9/11/01 was "some online coursework in science."

Even if you had your prerequisites completed by 9/11/01, how did you take the MCAT in time? The MCAT was offered only twice a year, in April and August, back then. All med schools require the August test for admission in fall of the following year. If you didn't decide to take the test until 9/11/01, I don't see how you could have started med school earlier than 2003. You would have graduated in 2007, and in private practice by March of 2008? How many doctors graduate from medical school and make $300K nine months later, with no residency?

Not trying to be skepitcal, just interested in the details of how you accomplished so much in so little time.

You assume that I waited until after 9/11 to take the MCATs. I took it both times PRIOR to 9/11, and i'm out of residency-thanks.

If you guys put as much effort into helping others here as you do trying to find holes in my story-you'd win a humanitarian medal. I offered de727ups a guided tour, if you're interested-you can join us.