View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Wildflyin
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Speed tape and prayers

The twin time will help you EVENTUALLY. You would still need the 135 mins to fly for Ameriflight. And as far as the instructing jobs don't count on it. The school is firing instructors right now because they can't get students who qualify for loans and they won't train anyone who is not a US citizen. Air Ambulance companies need the 135 mins as well I believe and more than likely require a lot more than that. I graduated ATP as well and right now I am a CFI at a different school. I went to that school because as far as my situation dictated it was the better move for me. But unless you are in a situation where that seems to be the case there is no reason to hurry through your ratings. As a note, I did the career program there starting from the multi-engine training. I did my PPL at a FBO at a slower pace where I learned a lot from many different people and I enjoyed my PPL for a while flying solo a lot before I jumped over to ATP. I think there is no reason to rush through your ratings right now. No one is going to hire you with 230 hours outside of another flight school, or maybe traffic watch. But even traffic watch might be asking 500 hours for insurance reasons... Take your time and at least do your PPL at an FBO first and make your decisions from there.