View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Nosmo King
Inventory survival kit ..

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Seeking no jacket required rotations
Default Crew Bunk - Fight's ON!

With the recent announcement of SLC-NRT being serviced by an A330, a few things have happened.

1. NW has started the process of "certifying the A330-200 for higher gross weights"

2. The pilot rest facility problem is "being looked at"

I have stated in other threads on the forum that management will be asking
for a "concession" on crew bunks if the A330 ever had to fly a leg over 12 hours requiring a 4 pilot crew. I believe that time is near, because the A330-200 at present holds 243 with a business class split between A zone and B zone (thats forward and aft of doors 2L and 2R). Management will NOT want to remove any biz class seats to accomodate an additional bunk or a larger bunk room. I don't believe it is possible to shoehorn a second bunk into the existing room... which leaves us with... management putting one of the pilots in the FA crew rest bunks beneath the floor at doors 3.

Now would be an excellent time to nip this in the bud and start contacting your MEC/LEC reps and telling them NO Way we are flying this without a usable dual pilot bunk facility

Just my opinion.

Last edited by de727ups; 12-02-2008 at 10:17 AM. Reason: inappropriate language removed