View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 11:32 PM
olympic
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: 747

Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
The only way i could do it was through the FBI. You might also want to ask the company that is interviewing you if the Criminal History has to be Apostilled. This is another hurdle but can be done with help of a local notary and then a trip to your State Govt offices. I know others that have gone to an interview with their state copy of the criminal history but it was not accepted by the airline.

Good luck,
Lifter
Just to add on Lifter's post

THEY ONLY ACCEPT FBI BACKGROUND CHECK!!!

Reason why? Because you will need to get your AIRPORT BADGE which has strict rules for foreigners. My company just wanted a criminal record for Europe, but it was a whole different ball game once I went to get my Airport ID. I had to go to the Embassy get the paperwork for the FBI background check (Translated into the language of the country you working in) then get fingerprints and send it to the FBI. Airport only accepted this, thank god they gave me a temporary and I was able to leave and enter the airport without getting hassled.

BTW: It won't take 6-8 weeks, on the FBI FORM it asks when you need it, LET THEM KNOW you need it for an interview and the EXACT DATE you need it, Im sure they will accomodate you as much as they can!