View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 07:37 PM
ToiletDuck
Che Guevara

Joined APC: Aug 2005

Originally Posted by Cleared4Tkeoff
I couldn't agree more... If you are making 5 grand a month as a CFI, you need to seriously think about the immediate consequences of leaving that type of pay for the probationary wages at a commuter... Keep that job until you have enough money put away to get you through the welfare-qualification period.

On a totally different note, I made $800 a month when I instructed...

No doubt I've been very lucky. I'm not some idiot that has no idea what kind of blessing he's been given. When I graduated from Baylor I had still had to pay for my CFI and CFII with no loans. That meant tossing down the visa and racking up about 8 grand in debt including living ect. As of this past payment I have completely paid it off!!!! I'm so proud because I'm not having to rely on my parents. I actually went and helped dad on the ranch the other day just for th hell of it and it felt great getting to work out in the sun and reject him when he tried to pay me. I've made it thus far. however I haven't saved up any money really. Just paid everything off and have a little on the side. While I make good money while flying my average day is from 8am to 7pm minimum. Sometimes it goes to 9pm. No matter how much you want it, it begins to wear on you. I still haven't missed a flight but damn if it doesn't wear you down. And Del Rio has been over 100 degrees EVERY DAY. It's like the hottest damn part in the US lol. You just get at that point in your life where you know you're almost ready to take your next step but you don't know what the step should be. My current gig is trainging airforce students. However after I'm done with my current guys in 4-6months'ish I wont really have any students because without them there is nothing in Del Rio for me so I'll be forced to make a move. Hence why I'm asking.

I have to say that I've been here for a bit and you guys have always been very helpful. The reason I have this gig in the first place is because yall talked me out of going to gulfstream academy and all the other dumb things that other people had put in my head at one point. So I don't want anyone to think I'm asking for the hell of it. I've weighed all opinions heavily in the past and I just want you guys to know that your experience on the road ahead has helped me tremendously(sp?) thus far. I've taken it all in and made great decisions I think so far. So keep in mind that what you experienced guys say here really makes a differences. I owe many of you a beer and I thank you all for your advice. It helps!

Duck