View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 10:35 AM
So Wonwee
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006

Be aware that the interview process has changed several times over the years. It is different now, than when I was hired 1.5 yr ago. And my interview was very different from many of the captains I have flown with. their year groups range from 4-15 years with the company. This info might be useful to your research, depending on depth of details. Feel free to PM.

Also, mins are the mins but hours are usually higher on average. This is not always true, but military pilots can get hired with the mins at majors/fracs/cargo. Often in interviews, your hours will be compared with pilots of similar background (121 vs 121, 135 vs 135). In my experience with NJA, the mins were the mins to get you in the door to interview. Aside from proving your hours with records, hours were meaningless at the interview. The interviewers wanted to know you and how you felt about customer safety and service and that you had some FAR knowledge. I have no idea if this past year had the same philosophy as the mins are the mins.

If you want to see what questions were asked, I suggest using aviationinterviews as a source document. Very accurate information there, posted by interviewees. HR offices look here as well for questions that another company might ask, to get ideas for their own interview.

Last edited by So Wonwee; 12-04-2008 at 10:50 AM. Reason: add. content