View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 06:21 AM
GreatView
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: ATR

Originally Posted by IFlyFL410
I'm at 4 years in ATL on the 70, not SLC. I was entertaining the idea of bidding CA out there purely for the money and PIC and just commute. I know it wouldn't be fun for awhile, but SIC time is getting me no where, ya know!?!?!? I spoke with Brian Morris today and he said there would be a snapshop of the bids that are due in by Monday out sometime Wednesday or Thursday next week, and the finals will be out on Monday, the 14th. I'll throw the bid out there and see what happens. I haven't heard a whole from the SLC guys one way or the other. Generally, all I hear from anyoe is that noone wants it.
Think of the money as non-existent. Once you upgrade out there, you'll spend all of the extra money (and then some) on the commute (crashpad, car, food, ect). If you are going to do it, then do it solely for the PIC and get ready for problems commuting in-and-out of LAX (mainline flights always full with tons of non-revs). Since they will initially be day lines, we'll all need a crashpad. Those who get the bid need to get together and come up with a plan on a crashpad and transportation.

I was talking with Mary Jane and Linda over at the CP office to get a feel for how many people were faxing in the bid pref form. Consensus so far seems to be a mix. Some current capt's and some F/O's, but no flood of changes.

I guess the real question will be from the guys/gals in SLC.....

Anyway, good luck and we'll see in a week or so.....