View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Rhino Driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 73N CA

Originally Posted by KC10 FATboy View Post
I disagree and from what the management have told me, we are losing money on it. Which is why a smaller aircraft is in order.

The Shuttle Flying has already been picked up with more "mainline" flying for the MD-88. Our line counts and block hours are up. The ALV for January is 82 hours -- and it isn't even summer yet.

-Fatty
No *******! That's because we (DALPA through LOA) agreed to this due to the current state of SLI, hiring uncertainty, etc. If you think giving the Shuttle up to DCI isn't an issue, maybe you should look for another line of work. Why the hell would you want to give something up to DCI. I really don't think aircraft numbers are the issue. What I do know from flying the Shuttle is that we make a profit, even when practically empty! This is another example of us giving up SCOPE to DCI, one way or another. The Shuttle does need a smaller aircraft for the operation, I will agree with that. Mainline 100 seat aircraft is exactly what this operation and tons of commuter routes need. In the meantime, bring the CRJ-900 to mainline.