View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 02:32 PM
ZBowFlyz
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Left

I'd reccomend working for them. I used to at DWH. The only real difference between part and full time *in my experience* was that the full timers were salary. Considering the economy right now, I'd be after a full time spot. They work the heck out of you though, but IMO it was worth it and I'd do it again.

They fly 172's that are on a good maintainance program, atleast when I was there they all were great about fixing routine stuff.

From a new CFI point of view, it's really good. The 141 school, with the TCO's, give a newbie a chance to study up on the ground the night before. It also gives you a checklist to follow. All of the students are booked for 4 hours. Two hours of ground, two hours of flying. This helped me a ton with actually learning the stuff I was teaching. I never really felt like I got thrown to the wolves. Most of the chief CFI's were very good. I know that when they hired me I got tons of free ground from ours.

I'd reccomend them no matter how much CFI experience you have, but I'd really, really reccomend them if you are new to instructing.

Hugh is the man!