View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 07:21 PM
ugflyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2008
Position: PIC
Default Colgan-GOOD, Mesa-OK, GoJet-NONOOO!

Ok guys maybe I will be strapped to that guillotine for getting this started.
I was reading through the forums and the thread on this one kid seeking advice for a "friend" going to GoJet caught my eye. First of all, I think he is considering the move himself and not for a friend but that's besides the point.
I couldn't help but notice the negativity towards GoJet and that took me back a while.
Not too long ago, Colgan was the lowest of the lowest. You were looked at funny if you applied or even ended up there. Reason, it was bringing standards down. Then came our brothers and sisters at Mesa. I even came across guys that swore never to even lay eyes on a Mesa airplane.
Well after Colgan and Mesa were the two regionals still hiring even in bad times, the attacks seemed to simmer down.
And now all of a sudden, all the HEAT is on GoJet. The venom being spewed by our fellow aviators is more potent than a king cobras'. Now I can tell you all one thing; six months down the road after GoJet has been accepted to the family of regionals will come another one. And they too will take the heat...........who's next?

PS: I am not taking sides but merely spectating!

Last edited by ugflyer; 12-08-2008 at 08:15 PM.