Thread: Mesaba Info
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 04:01 AM
RJ85FO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: Lots and Lots of Days Off

No real change in news since the last time I lamented about it. We are down to 8 Avro's. They will all be gone by November. 146 on Furlough now. 50+ more furloughs coming Aug 22 and then another 25ish on Sept. 1.

Still in negotiations with management for a TA. Appeal has been filed on behalf of Labor to the bancruptcy abrogation decision a couple of weeks ago. It all looks like we will be a 49 Saab operation for a while come November.

Northwest was just evaluating two demo aircraft, an EMB-170 and a CRJ-750 for luggage size and loading issues. Seems their cart railings contact the lower engine cowl on the CRJ prior to reaching a good position to unload the bags in aft cargo.

I also hear they will be evaluating a Q400 as well. They have been tight lipped about the RFP and what will become of the 135 CRJ's currently operated by 9E. They haven't said anything about Compass lately. I am thinking by mid Sept. we will start to see a direction from NWA as to what the small jet fleet plan is going to look like...stay tuned.