View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 07:31 AM
GreatView
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: ATR

Originally Posted by stickwiggler
fellow asa guys.... a point to the contrary;
upgrading (depending on your years in service) can be a 2,500 month raise, I think you can commute and crash pad for less then that, so to say the money is a wash is an exageration to say the least.

The idea that the SLC guys won't bid it because it is going from the 70 to the 50 is pretty much true, but don't forget, SLC is very senior on the FO side as well, so for them it is a pay raise.

IMHO,
St
There isn't a single person that I've talked to who has upgraded in the last 2 years that has said they're making $2,500/mo more. I think that may be the exception, but not the rule. Most of us senior F/O' flying 90+ hours and 10 or more credits per month WON'T get anywhere near a $2,500/mo increase when you consider that we may only make guarantee for a several months.

If you are not used to spending all the extra money on food and an additional crashpad in LA, it will more than likely be a wash. That is the way you have to expect it to be, otherwise some may be very disappointed. If you think that way and come out ahead a couple hundred extra every month or so, then that will be a bonus.......I tend to think on the conservative side so that my expectations won't be shattered.