View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 07:47 AM
IFlyFL410
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: midsize

Originally Posted by GreatView
There isn't a single person that I've talked to who has upgraded in the last 2 years that has said they're making $2,500/mo more. I think that may be the exception, but not the rule. Most of us senior F/O' flying 90+ hours and 10 or more credits per month WON'T get anywhere near a $2,500/mo increase when you consider that we may only make guarantee for a several months.

If you are not used to spending all the extra money on food and an additional crashpad in LA, it will more than likely be a wash. That is the way you have to expect it to be, otherwise some may be very disappointed. If you think that way and come out ahead a couple hundred extra every month or so, then that will be a bonus.......I tend to think on the conservative side so that my expectations won't be shattered.
I'm with you. Unless you're a RES FO or something and then go to 80+hrs as a CA, you're not going to see $2,500 more a month. I'm a 4th year 70 FO bringing in 95+ credits a month. So, the only benefit to me would be the PIC and just to get the heck out of the right seat. If I ever have to fill out another load manifest form it'll be too soon. Wait, I have to go back to work tomorrow....oh well. Even still, I may come out a few hundred ahead each month when it's said and done with.