View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 03:34 PM
Paok
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Heavies

I am an RJ pilot who just got a reserve slot. I was all over baseops.net wantscheck.com and airforceots.com looking at typical questions. all listed here were good ones. I wore a suit, nice leather bag with a hardcopy of my package and 4 copies which they loved bc they could all read about me while others asked questions.... They seemed to be big on "you know half your crew is enlisted, not officers, how will you treat them" which was a crazy question, obviously there is no MISSION without those crew members.... but my interview was very relaxed. my AFOQT scores were crap (i am horrible at math) but my GPA was good and that probably helped. i am one to say that the whole person thing plays in. I was relaxed and was MYSELF. I was involved in many leadership and teamwork activities in college, as well as sports and flying. My horrible AFOQT scores were overlooked, bc I feel there is a lot more to my package than my math score, and I showed them that. Many squadrons weren't even sure if I could interview bc of my poor score, and here I got it. It was my first interview and my last as I got the slot. the happiest day of my life!!!!!