Old 12-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Taildragger1
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: 767 Capt.
Default Retirement?

Not to dispute your numbers, but, it is no longer correct to use the word retirement when talking about any up coming job terminations. We used to have a retirement but the Dead Zoners (Delta term for those who lost around a million or more [' 86 hire...1.7 mil for me even after it had been slashed in letter 51 ] have no chance of retireing on what they have earned from Delta. Been to two ALPA R&I seminars and heard the same thing both times.

Everyone has a different situation and different set of numbers but for me, personally, with the claim sale, the note, PBGC, and saving 85% of my take home since 2004 there is still no chance of earning enough to get back the earned portion of the retirement that the company stole. And that was true even before the stock market crashed.

Yes, some Delta pilots will loose their jobs in the near years ahead but they better have another source of income other than Delta.

That said...Nothing we can do about it now. The best plan from here forward is to all join together, put our paddles in the water and row in the same direction. But don't forget. Every dime you spend from here forward is one you didn't save for the date you get terminated.