Thread: Dal Won
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Jughead
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: ATL717A

Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
You titled the thread...becasue that what was on your heart and what you felt to be true.

We...NWA pilots have been screwed and when guys begin to figure it out...it will not be forgotten...in my opinion. I have lived the red-green show and it is hell and I think that attitude is coming your way. Those fences are only as good as long as the planes hang around. According to all of you Delta boys...787 is prob not going to show up...and the 400 is also on the way out...hello...and then wait for the downturn...you can't run the country with no money and smoke and mirrors. DOH & seniority is everything...everything.

You guys talk about realitive...I fly the 400 then I should be sitting with the same seniority number as your 777...since they are the same and pay the same right...but the Delta guys next to me are 6 years my junior and fly the 767/757. I was a 757 Captain...20 years ago.
Redtail-

I've seen a lot of opinions here, on the DALPA forum, and spoken with no less than 25 DL and NW pilots. Except for you, to a man, I get "we'll make it work", "let's wait and see", "we're gonna kick butt", and many shoulder shrugs. There's not a thing you or I can do about it now - the bell has been rung. I really haven't heard how bad anybody got "screwed", except from you.

Many of your comments thus far have been assumptions, and some of your statements of fact have been flat-out wrong.

Obviously, no one likes losing seniority in this business...I don't enjoy seeing my number over 3,300 higher than it was Sunday, but I realize DOH means nothing.

You now are a senior pilot at the largest and most powerful airline on the planet. IMHO, move on and enjoy the ride. Being an airline pilot doesn't define who you are - it's just what you do.

Peace
J

Last edited by Jughead; 12-11-2008 at 03:23 PM.