Thread: Dal Won
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 12:41 PM
DAL4EVER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: 88B - Loud Pipes Save Lives

Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
You titled the thread...becasue that what was on your heart and what you felt to be true.

We...NWA pilots have been screwed and when guys begin to figure it out...it will not be forgotten...in my opinion. I have lived the red-green show and it is hell and I think that attitude is coming your way. Those fences are only as good as long as the planes hang around. According to all of you Delta boys...787 is prob not going to show up...and the 400 is also on the way out...hello...and then wait for the downturn...you can't run the country with no money and smoke and mirrors. DOH & seniority is everything...everything.

You guys talk about realitive...I fly the 400 then I should be sitting with the same seniority number as your 777...since they are the same and pay the same right...but the Delta guys next to me are 6 years my junior and fly the 767/757. I was a 757 Captain...20 years ago.
If you were a Captain on the 757 20 years ago then you had to have at least 10 years with NWA. That would make you at least a '78 hire. There are a couple of guys flying the 757/767 with that seniority and do it for one reason ......because they are 1,2,3,4,5 on the airplane. They get what they want and don't want the international flying. So yes, the other DAL brethren are 777 Captains. You are like an old lady getting spooled up about the headline in a paper but failing to read the article.